Foundational Training in Intensive Therapeutic Care
The Foundational Training in Intensive Therapeutic Care is a training resource for everyone who works in the Intensive Therapeutic Care Agencies (ITC) in NSW.
This mandatory course is for all new workers in the ITC system and supports the development of a common knowledge base and a shared way of understanding the principles of supporting young people across the ITC system. Being connected to this common knowledge and language base will make collaboration easier and more effective.
- The course is built around the 10 essential elements that underpin the changes to the residential care system in NSW. This training complements training undertaken within your own agency.
- It is made up of two components. The first is a series of online modules that need to be complete. The second component is a set of two Online Interactive Integration Workshops where workers will be able to extend their learning and reflect with others in the ITC system. Each online workshop runs for 3 hours.
- You must attend both Online Interactive Integration Workshops to complete the Foundational Training Course in Intensive Therapeutic Care successfully and receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Both components are designed to be completed over a maximum of 12 weeks.
- Only practitioners who are currently employed in an ITC Agency will be able to register for this course by completing the details below. Once registered, workers will have access to the online course immediately.
After workers have started the online course, they will receive an email that provides them with a link to register for the face to face Integration Day that is the final stage of the training program. Workers will receive a certificate of completion after they have completed the two Online Integration Workshops.
Introduction to the Foundational Training Program in Intensive Therapeutic Care: Manual for Managers and Supervisors