In this module presented by Peter Le Breton, MacKillop Family Services explores the application of Annexure A of the Intensive Therapeutic Care model in supporting young people living in residential care and managing young people’s behaviour in a way that is consistent with the principles of therapeutic care.
- considered placement of young people and creating optimum client household mix
- recruitment and training of residential care staff
- clear policies and procedures
- the importance of the role of the Therapeutic Specialist in progressing the therapeutic aspects of the young person’s individual needs in their Behaviour Support Plan
- understanding Annexure A and de-escalating issues where Police have and have not been engaged
- the role of the Liaison Officer as the point of contact with the local Police Crime Unit Manager
- cross agency positive relationship building, regular meetings between residential care providers and local Police
Presented byPeter Le Breton, MacKillop Family Services.