How to apply the Joint Protocol in ITC and residential care settings
How to apply the Joint Protocol in Intensive Therapeutic Care and residential care settings.
In this module presented by Peter Le Breton, MacKillop Family Services explores the application of Annexure A of the Intensive Therapeutic Care model in supporting young people living in residential care and managing young people’s behaviour in a way that is consistent with the principles of therapeutic care.
- considered placement of young people and creating optimum client household mix
- recruitment and training of residential care staff
- clear policies and procedures
- the importance of the role of the Therapeutic Specialist in progressing the therapeutic aspects of the young person’s individual needs in their Behaviour Support Plan
- understanding Annexure A and de-escalating issues where Police have and have not been engaged
- the role of the Liaison Officer as the point of contact with the local Police Crime Unit Manager
- cross agency positive relationship building, regular meetings between residential care providers and local Police
Full Video Transcript
- Read the full transcript of Module 2 – How to apply the Joint Protocol in ITC and residential care settings
- Annexure A: Procedures for ITC and residential OOHC services